When I first got hold of my tub of VCO, I enthusiastically tucked in and took 1tbsp straight away - what a big mistake that was! I felt lousy, had a banging headache which painkillers wouldn't touch, my joints ached, awful brain fog and I felt as though I was coming down with flu.
The next day, I decided to take a bit less, and so went for 1tsp, however, even this was too much for me by this point, so I had to cut back even further.
The following day, I reduced my total daily amount down to one eighth of a teaspoon (and I even split that in two and had half in the morning and half in the evening). This did seem to help, although I still had a bit of brain fog.
(I've even heard that it's a good Candida remedy!)
I gradually increased the amount by one sixteenth of a teaspoon per day (I know it sounds ridiculous, but I had to take it slow, as I couldn't bear the headaches otherwise).
I am now on a total of ½ a tablespoon per day (divided up into 4 separate doses) and seem to be doing quite well on that now. I will continue to increase the amount, until I am up to 3½ tbsp per day (hopefully).
Also, I have found a couple of products which help to reduce the die-off effect, these are Molybdenum drops and Pantethine Capsules. They seem to make a big difference and really help to reduce the brain fog & other symptoms so that I can get on with my life. Google it for yourself for more info.
The benefits I have noticed so far since taking the VCO internally are:
1. I feel generally calmer & happier.
2. I feel like I'm smiling more.
3. I have less anxiety.
4. I have lost weight - yay!
5. I have lost my sugar cravings.
6. I don't feel the need to keep snacking all the time.
7. I don't get as lightheaded when I get out of bed/stand up/get out of the bath.
8. My heartbeat has stopped racing.
I'm sure there are many more that I haven't thought of, I'll update if I think of any more. I'm hoping that it will help with my PMS symptoms & menstrual migraine this month too. I will post again to update with regards to that.
I have also been using it externally with excellent results:
1. On my scalp (which has been itching for the last 15 years!) it helps enormously.
2. Inside my ears (they've been itching for about a year or so) it makes a huge difference.
3. All over my body after showering, but before towelling dry (I picked this tip up from the forum on the above website) it makes my skin feel great. I also seem to feel 'cleaner' in between showers.
4. As my facial moisturiser in the morning and before bed.
5. My husband has been using it to prevent shaving rash and it has made a big difference.
6. My husband also has large patches of very dry skin on his back, I've been massaging it in every day, and it's really helping with that too.
So, I have to say that I am very impressed with this amazing oil so far, now that I have got through the initial die-off period. It was well worth it!
Any questions/comments, please feel free to message me.
(There's LOTS of info online regarding the health benefits of VCO, have a good read if you're interested!)
(To view my full blog click here)
52 minutes ago